Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a theoretical question. What would it take to switch a left carb to the right and visa-versa? Has anyone ever done it? Any flavor carb.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
This is a theoretical question. What would it take to switch a left carb to the right and visa-versa? Has anyone ever done it? Any flavor carb.
I'm thinking a welder and a drill but i'm not sure if it's limited to that. You would need to reverse all the holes that exterior pipes go into and put holes on the other side that would accept the stuff. If you have an accelerator pump then maybe it would still work on the opposite side.

Oh yeah there are also holes that hold the throttle and choke cables. All that junk would need to be put on the other one.

Really this is a bad idea. The better question is why?

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
I'm thinking a welder and a drill but i'm not sure if it's limited to that. You would need to reverse all the holes that exterior pipes go into and put holes on the other side that would accept the stuff. If you have an accelerator pump then maybe it would still work on the opposite side.

Oh yeah there are also holes that hold the throttle and choke cables. All that junk would need to be put on the other one.

Really this is a bad idea. The better question is why?

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Hey look a double post. And the second answer is yes. If you replace the carbs with Minuki carbs like Jim did on the salt flats bike since they are independent carbs only connected by a single throttle cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts