Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've disconnected, i think, everything that I need to, but I can't seem to get these off. Also the hose connector is ripping (the guy had tape around them..) could someone point me in the direction for new ones?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Try to get a long flat head screwdriver under the flange at the carb, and pry. If you can do it at a carb bowl screw, you may be able to get more leverage. There is a pretty good groove that is molded into the rubber that you have to overcome. Plus these being 30 years old makes everything harder.

Repair the insulators with shoe goo, black tape, or shrink tubing. New ones are available, but they are pricey.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try to get a long flat head screwdriver under the flange at the carb, and pry. If you can do it at a carb bowl screw, you may be able to get more leverage. There is a pretty good groove that is molded into the rubber that you have to overcome. Plus these being 30 years old makes everything harder.

Repair the insulators with shoe goo, black tape, or shrink tubing. New ones are available, but they are pricey.
That worked!

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts