Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent a set of carbs to Larry in CA to rebuild for me. I got them back and was waiting to put them on because

the bike was running so go I did not want to risk screwing up something. I was putting on all new cables at the same time. I did not know how old the ones on the bike were. So I was putting it off. Last week it was time for the change. Had no problem, came off easy. What a difference, starts easy, idles better, sounds better as some speeds. smooth. They look like a K bucks. I have NO regrets sending them to Larry, he did everything he said he would do, kept me informed at every stage of progress, he let me know he got the carbs, when he was done, how much I owed him and when he got my payment and the day he set the carb. I could not have ask for any more.

Everet K. Horton

Mi.

GL 500i.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You will never regret that decision. He knows the carbs. I got his book, and did mine myself----you can do the same with any basic skills and tools. His book tells all you need with step by step and pictures.

However, there is no telling when you will need to rebuild--it maybe years. Please install some type if in line fuel filter--it is a must to keep the carbs purring. Do not forget to get them sync as well.

Also make sure that you all four boots are in good shape to prevent any leaks.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I, too, used Larry's Cool Carburetor Book and his methodology with great results. I have a second pair for spare that I intend to polish and make perfect, using Larry's method. That may be later this year or in the spring.

Congratulations on a pair of carburetors rebuilt by the master builder, himself!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You will never regret that decision. He knows the carbs. I got his book, and did mine myself----you can do the same with any basic skills and tools. His book tells all you need with step by step and pictures.

However, there is no telling when you will need to rebuild--it maybe years. Please install some type if in line fuel filter--it is a must to keep the carbs purring. Do not forget to get them sync as well.

Also make sure that you all four boots are in good shape to prevent any leaks.

A gas filter was the very first thing I put on the bike when I got it, I put a new one one

with the rebuilt carbs. I have every thing ready to sync. the carb. Just have to do it.

I not sure they can run any better.

Next project is putting a elec. fan on. Also new head stem bearings. Sure hope I can get

all those wires back in the box, LOL.

Ev

Mi.

GL500i

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
Larry already synched your carbs and road tested them before he sent them back to you, so it should be just a plug and play situation.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Larry already synched your carbs and road tested them before he sent them back to you, so it should be just a plug and play situation.

Joel in the Couve

No two engines are the same,,the compression is different on different engines, and can be different on each cylinder in the same engine. Valve condition and setting can also make a difference.

The carbs are probably close to being synced but may not be perfectly set for Ev's engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.