Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's not "vital", but it's very important.

There is a vacuum line that leads from the carbs to the fuel tank's petcock/fuel valve. If you are running with no tank, make sure you plug that vacuum line or else air will be getting into the backside of that carburetor without passing through the carb body's venturi. This will throw off your fuel to air ratio in one of your cylinders.

·
Registered
536 Posts
What about the two little nipples that are facing eachother next to the fuel rail? Thanks guys!
You do not have to plug those. I can't remember exactly what they are for, if anything, but nothing connects to them as I recall.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have another question as well while we're at it. How important is the tiny little washer the goes between the spring and the o-ring on the mixture screw. One of my carbs didn't have one and the other did. Where can I get one if it is important? Thanks again guys!
VERY! Without that washer your spring will tear up the o-ring. Plus the wash helps even out the spring's pressure applied to the o-ring.

I personally have ever only seen them come with a full rebuild kit, but you could probably find something close enough at a good hardware store or on e-bay.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'll look through my old stuff too. I might have one. *crossing fingers*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.