Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Carb sync. Dials. So doing thing procedure

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dave12 
#1 · (Edited)
Is it normal for the bike to need throttle to keep it going on one cylinder . How should the bike react starting and idles on one cylinder

#3 ·
It’s not that I want to ride on one cylinder. I’m asking how should a good motor react when starting with one spark plug in for a CX500. Should it fire up and idle Or natural to kill without throttle. Nothing tricky about the question. Just curious.

#5 ·
I could keep it running if I raised the idle but but both cylinders together. Idle would be too high. Just curious.

#6 ·
When you are attempting to run on one cylinder is the other spark plug removed? That would make it easier to run on one cylinder only.
Dick in Raleigh ran a GL500 on one cylinder, the other with head removed was blocked off.

#7 ·
I'm not trying to ride the bike with one cylinder. Just wanted to know how the bike should react if one plug was pulled warmed up at idle.

#8 ·
With the engine warmed up and at idle with one plug wire removed it will idle slower and rougher. It may be necessary to give it some throttle to keep it running.

#9 ·
Thats what I have to do but both sides are doing the same thing so that is a good sign.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.