Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After rebuilding carb's (1979CX 5000 std) per Larry's book I am now ready to sync carbs. I have been riding for a few weeks-only 200 miles and seems run ok. I decided to purchase this tool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carb...Z380347263735QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

After normal op temp, the gauges are at 100 ( the inside list of numbers-I think this is MM of vaccuum); about 4 on the outside- I think this is inch of vacuum.

At least both are close together. Before, I begin on the mixture screws----any adjustments needed on the sync?

Thanks for this forum.

DannyO

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Danny,id forget about values and figures/

if you can get them the same,id say,mmm,thats good enough

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok , thanks

I just need to correct the figures--at op temp, the numbers were about 50mm/ 2.5 in. The 100 was for 4K rpm- just wanted to see how they reacted.

I know they must be within 40Hg-just was not sure about the measurements for these gauges. But as you state - I should be ok. I will must sure the screw is tight and re check the test again.

DannyO

·
Registered
967 Posts
Ok , thanks

I just need to correct the figures--at op temp, the numbers were about 50mm/ 2.5 in. The 100 was for 4K rpm- just wanted to see how they reacted.

I know they must be within 40Hg-just was not sure about the measurements for these gauges. But as you state - I should be ok. I will must sure the screw is tight and re check the test again.

DannyO

I have gotten the lock nut snug on the sync'ing screw and rather than fiddle around with tightening it, I cover the screw, nut, and plate the nut rests against in a heavy enamel paint to lock it all down. Seems to work well for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.