Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Ive been asking larry a few questions on another thread and thought I'd post my progress on another. So far Ive torn apart the left carb and cleaned it. I think I'm going to hold off here for a while until I get the replacement parts. Does anyone have experience with bike bandit's carb gasket kit? Does this include everything I'll want to replace? Or do you guys go about it another way? Ive attached some photos too (I hope) to show how well this machine does. With larry's book and this machine you can not go wrong.

I should also add that little impact driver, I found, worked better for me than that hand driver thing I bought :/

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, anyone know if the carb kit on bike bandit includes everything I will need? Or will i still need some of the random O-rings?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Totally forgot about that site. For the extra 50 bucks might as well replace everything and keep a piece of mind that these carbs should be ok for several years. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I do not mean to steal your thread but I looked at :

http://www.randakks.com/

and they do not seem to have the part breakdowns for everything.

I am re-doing my carbs. It is the first time for a good cleaning. Iast time I just sprayed some carb cleaner and did not even pull the jets.

Well I need a couple of new things.

I need a Main Jet Emulsifier jet and the main jet that seats above it.

The main jet the last person removed with vise-grips and bent it. The Emulsifier I had to drill the threads out to get it out. On the other carb it all came apart nicely.

My question is where do I get those from...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I'm just now getting to put my carbs back together and I was noticing on page 37 of Larry's book it mentioned bellows around the accelerator pump. I dont have anything there and can't find a part that would fit there?!? Did randakk send a replacement for this part in the kit? If not where do I go from here?

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
Do you mean the press in jet?

And the ac pump has and accordian style rubber that goes on the pump tip before it slides through the bottom of the carb.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Here's the pic. And I was using a tap because thats what was suggested.

Were you using a tap or an easy-out?

I remember someone using a small drill bit and drilling a hole

in the edge of the brass jet between the carb body and the broken easy-out. Once he had the hole drilled he threaded a screw into the hole and was able to get the jet out.

He posted to ask where he could get a replacement jet.

This was on the old forum,,I will see if I can find the post.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
Here's larry's diagram on where to drill or dremel. I would use a dremel with fine drill bits. If you use a dremel you can create a divot so the drill won't wander.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Didn't find where I can get the that tube. Hopefully Larry or someone will come across this and has a spare. That would be best case scenario. If not I may be in the market for another set of carbs
I am also curious as to what I do with four holes being drilled into it. This is all such a bummer because on the other carb everything went so smoothly and now I get my parts and hope to take a quick spin tonight and this happens.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
My bad, an ez out. I'll see if I can get it drilled out then.
I used the size easy out Larry said to use and it came right out. I'm sorry you are having troubles. On the lighter side, you are learning how to fix your own bike, even with a few bumps in the road like this, you're saving money on the long road.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.