Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
500 miles after a full carb rebuild the o-rings on my fuel link pipe (ally fuel feed tube between carbs on 79 cx500c) failed. They were standard nitrile rings, should I replace with silicone rings or use a fuel sealant as well for better results or might this failure be related to another issue? Bike runs fine and even temperature otherwise having been rejetted to run on pods.
Any advice great fully received.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds weird that they would fail after only 500 miles. Seems like it maybe another issue or maybe they were not seated correctly on rebuild? I would expect them to last longer than that. Can you pop the carbs out and see what condition they are in? If they did fail I'm guessing that maybe they were not the correct orings or they sent you the wrong ones. Where did you order them from?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I replaced mine a month ago from a local hardware store. The closest one I could find was about .02mm bigger than the parts diagram had said. Hasnt leaked yet.

·
Registered
839 Posts
viton orings will work fine.

·
Super Moderator
23,397 Posts
Almost any O ring will survive here.... except for cheap rubbish. Go with viton if it makes you more comfortable, but quality NBR will work just as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts