Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reviewed several suggested sites and have sent some emails-no reply yet.

Where can this "low jet emulsifying tube", 22MM long. For 78-80 yr models, this jet is a PRESS IN item—not screwed in.

#45 is stamped on side. I see several that have threads and are 23.8 MM.

Any advice?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
Danny, the low jets are out there but all of the ones I have bought for testing don't have the correct hole sizes in the emulsion side as well as the center hole that should be .018". I sent off some samples to a company that was going to send them to Japan for reproduction, but due to the disaster over there it has been put on hold for now.

What's wrong with the low jets you have? You do know that they can be cleaned and reused if they are pulled out correctly.

Larry

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Larry,

I have 4 sets of carbs and this was one of the that were is the worst shape. After several hours of carb cleaning and sonic cleaning, I broke the easy out.

However, after several days of slowing process, I got the reminder of the easy out and proceeded to drill out the jet. I finally got it out with picks,etc. I do not think there is any damage to the walls where the jet presses in. I am sure another one would fit ok.

I really do not need one at this time--an extra set

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Larry, I was on a roll as I had gotten the others out from my other sets OK--It felt great.

Guess, my luck ran out.

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
Do you need 1 or 2? I can send you what you need if you send me a PM with your address.

If your NOT using a high quality ezout, they tend to break down pretty fast and get weak. But sometimes you run across a set that just doesn't want to cooperate. I've learned the feel of when to stop trying and back out. But it took a few broken tips to learn that.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Larry, Thanks, will send a PM

Yes, I had two different sets of east outs-this one was HF set of the four+ drill bits. It may have been that the #1 bit was stressed?? I had used it seven times. I used it even for it for the main emulsion jet as PO had tried and the slot was gone. These were not hard and I did not want to mess up the threads--they came out.

I just got a #1 Kobalt from Lowe's.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Larry.

Now I have another question for all.

Main Emulsion jet - under the 78 main jet. I forgot it does not come in the K&L kit from George Fix (1979 CX500 Std) . I have them but the PO did make the slot bigger. I would prefer not to use them. Again, I have sent 3 emails out to various suppliers. However, based on Larry's previous answer, may not be available.

Any suggestions on old ones if new ones are not available

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
Danny,

If you can get them back in OK they should be fine as long as the original holes are clear. Make sure the larger hole nearest the threads is clear and not obstructed by any brass from him cutting the slots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.