Honda CX 500 Forum banner

carb issues?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dash 
#1 ·
ive got an 81 cx500 and i had it in the shop getting the carbs cleaned.ive gott it back now and itt is

still acting up like it was before.its like it is hiccuping.don happen alot but it does itt enought to cause concern.if anyone understtands what im talking about can you give me some advice.

#2 ·
The problem with shop mechanics is that many of them don't really understand the internal workings of Constant Velocity carburettors especially older designs like ours.

I've dedicated a full section of my Forum to them,

http://globalcxglvtwins.hostingdelivered.com/viewforum.php?f=19

As you have found this forum there is also Larry who services the carbs correctly if you don't want to get into them yourself but I encourage people to do them themselves.He also has a book you can buy which goes into intimate details on how to do them correctly.Just put larry carbs in the search option of the forum.

#3 ·
So your bike is running but not as good as should be? By "hiccuping," do you mean it's hesitating? Does it rev through the entire rpm range?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.