Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i cleaned the carbs all back together,i think i have the fuel screws about right judging by the plug colour,but the idle adjuster does nothing so its idleing at 1800 rpm andwinding out the adjuster does nothing the thread is good no damage.also riding along i can pull the choke on and nothing happens ??? cant understand that cos that would completely block the airflow to the carbs getting a greyish colour on the electrodes tried winding them out to ritchen the mixture but dont seem to make any difference i set the fuel screws to give the fastest idle but then found i cant drop the idle speed.bike feels flat in the midrange but maybe thats normal ?u have to really wind it up to get some speed on lol,but then it is only a 500 .

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Were the ACVs in good shape? A perforated diaphragm can feed in extra fuel.

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
19,260 Posts
Does your throttle cable have the recommended slack (see FSM for details)? If there is no slack the cable will keep the throttle butterflies from closing when you adjust the idle screw.

Please read this again. It will only take a few minutes to fill in your profile and it makes it easier for us to help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts