Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is my attempt at documenting a simple carb rebuild. I'm not looking to diminish Larry's book--this is more of a high level step-by step. If what I am attempting is documented in another post (didn't see anything under "Quick References") please stop me but this is what I have so far. I will continue to add as I progress. Additionally, I am a total novice and I am clueless with the terminology so if you could help with the description I would appreciate it.

1.) Carbs before the disassemble. Note: I started each screw through the entire disassembly with vise grips. The screws were already partially stripped and the vise grips made the process much easier.

2.) Removing bottom brace (2 screws).

3.) Removing top brace (4 screws).

4.) Before pulling the carbs apart slide the spring forward.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
5.) Remove float cover. (3 screws)

6.) Remove piston cover (NEED A LITTLE HELP ON THE COVER NAME--is "piston cover" correct?. (2 screws)

7.) Remove float. You can't make it out in the pic but there is a rod that simply slides out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The next steps will be removing the jets and needle. Also, there is a side cover that I did not crack open on each carb. Do I need to include that as a step? I will take pcis so you know what I'm referring to.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The next steps will be removing the jets and needle. Also, there is a side cover that I did not crack open on each carb. Do I need to include that as a step? I will take pcis so you know what I'm referring to.
yes you need to remove them.they are your air cut off valves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.