Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in SW MN have a setup for carb balancing and willing to help a guy out? I believe I can hear a slight balance problem at low RPM.

Edit:::::::I guess I'm asking too much here! Sorry....I'll try not to do it in the future!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Anyone in SW MN have a setup for carb balancing and willing to help a guy out? I believe I can hear a slight imbalance at low RPM.
i also have an imbalance dan.....most of it in my head

good luck,Dan,someone will help you out

·
Registered
366 Posts
Look at ($5 dollar carb balancer) below it has great information.

Easy to make. I am going to do the same thing as soon as I can

fine to threaded nipples to go into the header to connect the hose

to.

Ev

MI.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Thanks....I think!

I was hoping that someone would have something set up and knows what they’re doing and be willing to help out. I’ve never balances carbs before and was asking for help. Oh well…..I guess that’s too much to ask!

Never mind…..
Dan,with all due respect....thats a bit short.

your request has only been posted for 24 hours.its not a long time for members from the the locality to chip in[if there are any].

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dan,with all due respect....thats a bit short.

your request has only been posted for 24 hours.its not a long time for members from the the locality to chip in[if there are any].

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

If I had ever done carb balancing I would be happy to have you over. Of course I am in Kennesaw Ga so that might not help!

Truth is I am very nervous about both carb balancing and fork rebuilding.

I have had the engine out and the heads off and all kinds of stuff but the idea of carb balancing and fork rebuilding intimidates me a little.

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.