Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this in the old forum

but now I cant quite seem to find it since the updateI

I have a stupid question....

are the carb mixture screws regular thread with righty tighty lefty loosy

[turn out to enrichen the mixture]

or are they reversed because you are adjusting the needle height from the bottom

its 2:32 am and I have been looking for an hour and I give up

Thanks in advance!

Dana

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regular thread all the way. I'm not sure if I've seen a left hand nut or screw in a while anywhere.
Awesome! Now I can get rid of my little stumble when I wring the throttle out!

Just a Quarter turn will be good!

Thanks stitch!

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
Where are you starting at with the initial setting? It should be 2 1/2 turns out. Then back it out a little more to enrich it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where are you starting at with the initial setting? It should be 2 1/2 turns out. Then back it out a little more to enrich it.

That's where it is. I'm gonna tweak it a little bit though Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts

The info I have in my manual is 2 turns out..

How do you tweak it to get it spot on?

·
Registered
44 Posts

The info I have in my manual is 2 turns out..

How do you tweak it to get it spot on?

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
It depends on what carbs you have. If you have the early 78 type you can just back out the mixture screws a 1/4 turn at a time until it runs better at idle and the flat spots are gone. (IF THE LOW JETS AND CHAMBERS ARE CLEAN AND UNRESTRICTED.) If you have the later style with the tabs on the mixture screws you'll need to pull the bowls off, take out the mixture screws, and file down the tab on the needle cap so you can adjust it when you have the bowls on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts