Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather is starting to turn to winter, and there doesn't seem to be much activity on the forum, so here is a way to pass some time. Only one rule: Let the newbies get first shot at these. Let's say members with under 30 posts. So for the first two days or 10 guesses, if you have more than 30 posts, just wait. And we WILL know who doesn't want to follow the rule. I know there are probably several dozen guys or gals who can identify the part without the picture even, so lets keep it fun for the newer members to learn what some of their parts look like. And think how embarrassing it would be if you are a Grand Nagus and guessed wrong.

I encourage others to post pictures of parts too, hopefully this can become a long-lived thread.

So, here is the first one, not too hard on this one, let's start easy. Hint: You don't want to find this in your drained oil when checking for copper colored flecks.

[/URL][/img]

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Your image code isn't working. Here's the image. I'll wait for newbs to chime in.

I'll guess on 2 out of the 3,

#1 is a digital caliper

#2 is a lincoln penny

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,454 Posts
#2 is a lincoln penny
Bluefox is correct. I don't want to find a Lincoln penny in my drain oil when checking for copper colored flecks. It hasn't been flecked, yet.

R

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put the penny there just waiting for interesting comments. So far, so good.

Thanks for fixing my picture, Cobram. I'll have to visit the test site now and see what happened.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Dunno about newbies

I'm stumped !!!

I think I might know whereabouts it belongs, but thats all

·
Registered
28 Posts
you have this backwards..

[/URL][/img]

you need to close the img tag then the URL tag so

[/img][/URL]

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I put the penny there just waiting for interesting comments. So far, so good.

Thanks for fixing my picture, Cobram. I'll have to visit the test site now and see what happened.
blue,you need to just use image codes,not url,

[i mg]............link..........[/i mg],no gaps

you need a new filter if the size you show comes up in your oil

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
So, here is the first one, not too hard on this one, let's start easy. Hint: You don't want to find this in your drained oil when checking for copper colored flecks.

ok now blue are you asking us because you dont know??? lol i think we are on to ya now you want us to answer that way you dont feel silly for asking what it is thats what it is huh......lol

i think i know what it is but i could be wrong and with being a grand nagus i dont want to feel stupid or embarrassed so i am going to wait because i think it has already been answered correctly but like i said i am going to keep my thought to my self

ps i am just trying to build my rep back up by looking smart.....lol

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
ok now blue ............................

ps i am just trying to build my rep back up by looking smart.....lol

Lucky, I'm afraid theres not much chance of that! How can you build back something you never had? Now with an old fart like myself rep building involves a lot of lies...er I mean stories that start with "Now in my day...." Since you have a hatching day coming up the end of this month maybe you can start rebuilding after you get older!

Blue, I realize I have just screwed up your hopes for this thread, sorry bout that, I just can't help it, its an inherited trait, my Daddy used to tell a lot of stories!

Gene

·
Registered
313 Posts
That's the positioner for switching between daylight saving time and standard time... I beieve it doesn't work in Arizona.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don, you can guess Sunday morning, if no one has gotten it by then. Or after 8 more newbie guesses. Lucky, I do know what this is and if no one figures it out, I'll post Honda's part name and number. By the way, it is no longer available from Honda.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Don't try and shift this thread your way stitch, as they say in German, nine, nine, nine.
knudge, knudge, wink, wink.

I'm pretty sure a newb won't get it, you could stare at the thing when the engines open and not see it unless you do some dismantling.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
It bugged the hell out of me so I RTFM

Sorry, couldnt wait for someone to guess, had to know.

I kept thinking mini pizza cutter and it was driving me nuts !

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just wondering how long to get an answer. lol.

Though, if I pulled that our during an oil change, I would be dropping my motor That Day.

(mine is a daily rider though. *grin* )

1 - 20 of 94 Posts