Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to revise my listing to say I'd take money orders or personal checks but they wouldn't let me revise the listing to show that, got a big red warning flag "it looks as if you're offering to accept ..." and we can't allow that.

Bad enough you've got to pay the listing fees and the subsequent PayPal Fees but you used to be able to do that.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd have to hit every one of the 500 or so Craigslists to publish that, I'll just stick with eBay as I've got these listed to where they show up all over the world. Guy on the thread wrote me from Thailand last night, only turned out to be $1 more to send a kit or two over there.

I simply will not send anything the Mexico, only country I've ever had trouble with aside from some delays going through Canadian Customs and Australia one time thinking I was sending part of a bomb on an oddball electronic device. Most people in Mexico know their postal system is (hate to say it) dishonest and I'm being very kind in the wording there thus many have PO boxes right across the border. Bet there's a good amount of money operating one of those if you're on this side of the border.

Free trade my a**, we let them come over here to work but if we want to move down there - well - look up the rules.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're losing a lot of business be dis-allowing you to accept money orders or personal checks but that is only my opinion.

They get a listing fee, a "sold" fee then a PayPal fee which looks like it equates to 20% overall.

It was not this way years ago.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a gripe with ebay/paypal - it's when you transfer funds via paypal to pay for something - their exchange rate is undervaluing my dollars & costing me more than current rate....check it out when you do a transfer - any o/seas transaction is a blatant rip off.

so you get screwed every which way you turn when using ebay..

my last transaction cost me more than 3% of my dollar value - which in this instance cost me more than $50.00....so there is nothing wrong with gouging its customers as long as they get away with it...all the little nibbbles makes a big bite in my opinion.

unfortunately I put up with it - but it still sucks big time. If I had deeper pockets I would tell them to go forth and procreate.

Had the same problem, cited exact exchange rates to them but all I got back was gibberish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.