Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys.not for me but im asking a favour.

im looking for...

a photo of the case damage,and if possible

a noise video of a rattling cam chain.

thanks

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
132 Posts
hi guys.not for me but im asking a favour.

im looking for...

a photo of the case damage,and if possible

a noise video of a rattling cam chain.

thanks

During my research before I bought my CX I found some youtube videos of CX's making a lot of engine noise, you might want to do a quick search on youtube and link one of the videos there.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
During my research before I bought my CX I found some youtube videos of CX's making a lot of engine noise, you might want to do a quick search on youtube and link one of the videos there.
thanks mate,if no one has a bookmark,ill go in that direction to-morrow,its getting late here now

·
Registered
639 Posts
Here's what my bolt looked like after my cam chain tensioner exploded:

·
Registered
507 Posts
I still don't understand how you can tell if you need to replace parts. I guess I need to crack the manual open and do some reading.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still don't understand how you can tell if you need to replace parts. I guess I need to crack the manual open and do some reading.
thanks Dash,good photo

JWink,its a call,wether to replace and when.

for me last year,i had no rattle,but my call is 50k miles,have it out and replace.

members have had the traditional rattle,a tell-tell sign.others have had a tensioner snap off.

also,i pick the timing when to have the engine out...i sure dont want to have to do it in august,48c in this shop

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thoughts on the noise

http://www.mediafire.com/?217oeg1123b2399

thats a microphone strapped to the front fork
owners quote........

Strange thing is that I can't reproduce the sound when stationary, on or off the stand, no matter how much I rev the bike, and although it isn't at random times it also isn't constant. I can go down a hill with the engine on tickover or switched off and still get the noise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts