Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a good contact address for dan topping as i am trying to contact him and i think the address i have is wrong.

thanks mark

·
Registered
762 Posts
Is there something that one us here can help you find by chance?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am trying to buy a replacement feul filter/strainer and he has a replacement shown on his webpage.

if anyone knows of an alternate source i am all ears.

thanks mark

·
Registered
762 Posts
i am trying to buy a replacement feul filter/strainer and he has a replacement shown on his webpage.

if anyone knows of an alternate source i am all ears.

thanks mark
Absolutely - as I mentioned earlier in another thread, Dan has to get his parts from somewhere...

Pete (CXTURBOBOOST) stated in the past that he used a Carquest 86087 filter with 1)28609 connector and 1)28622 connector.

One of the other guys on here (Timothy_D) is using a mid 70's VW Beetle fuel filter.

I am using a the Carquest 86087 filter and have not had any problems. Hope this helps, should be slightly more economical, and most likely quicker to obtain as well...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks dan i will see if changing the feul filter fixs it otherwise i will hit you up for the pump etc.

cheers mark

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Absolutely - as I mentioned earlier in another thread, Dan has to get his parts from somewhere...

Pete (CXTURBOBOOST) stated in the past that he used a Carquest 86087 filter with 1)28609 connector and 1)28622 connector.

One of the other guys on here (Timothy_D) is using a mid 70's VW Beetle fuel filter.

I am using a the Carquest 86087 filter and have not had any problems. Hope this helps, should be slightly more economical, and most likely quicker to obtain as well...

cheers will i will try and build my own from your list.

cheers again mark

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like using the Wix 33003 filter with a clear body because the filter condition and fuel flow can be observed at any time. I use special sized elbow fittings to match the CXT hose sizes which are odd. Make sure you have the filter installed to match the fuel flow direction. There is an arrow on the Wix filter. I cannot speak to the other filters mentioned. Always check the little nylon cone filter in the hose at the inlet to the fuel pump as well when replacing the main fuel filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.