Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

Im new here and to the whole world of Cafe Racer.

I just bought a seat from motorcycleseatsdirect.com but it does not fit...

anybody tried that before...?

Red Vehicle Car Leather Auto part Red Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank Auto part

Any good places to buy parts from? (I used Ebay and Aliexpress)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your answer... I wrote them- so lets see what they write back...

Im fron Denmark, i just put it in the profile... But how can i put it in the buttom of what I write?

·
Registered
19 Posts
*Rookie*,

Welcome!

On the upper right side of the main window next to Profile is the Settings link. The Settings page contains a link to Edit Signature in the MY SETTINGS area.

HTH

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeh I had the exact same problem as you can see from the link Hurley posted. I called called the company telling them I wanted a refund. They said I could either pay return shipping or wait for them to sell it to someone else in the U.S. Here I am 2 months later with no further contact. I have decided to have my welder trim the sides of the mounting tab of the tank to make it fit. Right now I'm wiating and hoping it's not a $300 boat anchor.

tyler
Seems like this thread might be related.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wrote with "Eric" from motorcycle seats. I hope to hear from him soon- untill now he has been very helpfull but lets see...

Is your seat model also #4141? It dont fit at all... I tried taking the gas tank off and pushed it all the way forward- still dont fit!

Its a exspencive seat- and I only bought it because it would fit right on...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Fuel tank Automotive tire here is what mine looks like... It only touch in the front and the back... It really sucks!

CX500, 1981, Denmark

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't seem to see what you did in the front? Another question :) - Did you buy a new rear fender or did you make it of the old one? I don't know why I ordered a black seat- yours look so much better :)

CX500, 1981, Denmark

·
Registered
155 Posts
I hope this little picture will explain you a little bit more:
Red Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper Auto part
the rear fender is from a CX500 Custom, I have to give it it's new appearance end fittings and paint it to match the front ;)
it depends on the color scheme you choose, my wife was hoping I choose a black one but after seeing this one she's in love with! :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know that you enlarged it in the front... How did you do it? Sorry for all the questions- Im really a rookie :)

CX500, 1981, Denmark

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Rookie. Jeg har sendt en besked til dig, hvis du ser den så kontakt mig gerne :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts