Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start a new thread on my project. Progress has been slow the past number of months. I recently pulled the airbox and put pods on. Yesterday I rejetted, all that was available at local shops was 92, 130. I was worried they'd be too big, but the bike is running really well. I didn't pull the plugs to check color, but there was no stumbling or dead spots. Mixture screw is 3 1/2 out. Next week I'll be installing an '82 caliper with a new Ninja 250 MC I got off ebay with a SS line. As money comes in, I'll be getting new Bridgestone Spitfires put on a set of '78 comstars (silver non-reversed) I have and rebuilding my forks. I have a second seat I'm shaping, to get the look in the mock up I have below I'd have to shorten the seat, looks good in the mock up though

As close to stock pic I have

[attachment=256:moto-djembe.jpg]

Deluxe tank, cut fender, clip-ons, lucas style tail light, bullet signals

[attachment=257:SV102063.JPG]

Seat mock up

[attachment=258:SV102063-bum_stop3.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been trying to decide on where to relocate them. I think I may do the wrench monkey's style battery position where it basically hangs from below the seat pan, I'll put it right up against frame's down tube.

As for the regulator/rectifier, I'm thinking I'll try and squeeze it under the passenger raised seat area. I've been thinking about making a tray that sits below the bar that the seat pan rests on. I'm planning on making a hugger out of the inner fender that will mount to the swingarm and move with the wheel - like the common ones found on today's sport bikes. I'm trying to keep the stock seat pan so I can swap out a stock seat and a solo seat made from a stock seat pan. My lady and I ride together pretty often so I can't go full solo. Though, the more I think about it, it may just be easier to make a new seats from scratch.

Ideally I'd like to get that whole area under where the side covers were as empty as possible.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I just bought a small AGM battery. It fits under the frame below the center stand pivot point.
. If I mount it there I'll run cables up to a tray between the frame rails under the seat.

I'll post up some pics as soon as I figure out how I'm gonna mount this thing. It's 1/2 the size of the original battery.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Phill, did the 2 into 1 show up today?

And here r some pictures of how I did mine.

http://emob4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/liverpol98/DSC_0099.jpg

That picture doesn't have the battery mounted, bit I was able to get everything under there. I had to extend the negative cable but that was it. I will get some current ones tomorrow. Hope this helps

·
Registered
228 Posts
And I do have one of those sealed little batteries too

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.