Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Pop's and I are both now His is a combination of a 78 and 79 cx500 and mine is an 81 cx500. Ive been working on this a bit at a time and May1 is our first ride date. I would love to get some feedback from you fellow riders and just let me know what you think of my first bike. Im still not sure weather I want the bars upright or flipped cafe style. All opinions and thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,410 Posts
I could care less how your bars are. The question is what does your body think? When the bars are adjusted to fit your body everything will be good. Otherwise you will get uncomfortable quick.

If it was me UP. Are those daytona bars?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Depends, are you going for daily rider, or show/race bike? If it's a daily rider, you need to be comfortable, if you're going to be racing it, or just want it to look cool, then I suppose it doesn't matter if it's comfortable or not... Like with me, I like the LOOK of a hardtail, but I ride daily and put on some miles quite often, so I have to have a softail... With that said, if you want a cafe racer, the go cafe, if not, then I wouldn't... And the direction of the handlebars isn't permanent, so if you do it one way and don't like it, you can switch it anytime without too much hassle......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I plan on putting shocks on but at the moment making struts is cheaper. My Dad taught me to do things right or the way I want them in the end the first time. Your very right on the bars. Ill be up and running soon and will test em. Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts