Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the stock buckhorn bars off of my cx500 custom, ad added daytona bars. I also need to update my throttle and brake cables, so would it be a good idea to get cables that fit a cx500 deluxe, or standard? The new bars are much shorter than the buckhorn bars, so this would be a good time to update to get new, shorter cables. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
460 Posts
cables that fit are better than too long, don't know if standard will fit or not, someone else may know. If you need shorter than any stock cable go to "Motion Pro" they will make any length you want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cables that fit are better than too long, don't know if standard will fit or not, someone else may know. If you need shorter than any stock cable go to "Motion Pro" they will make any length you want.

I will check out Motion Pro. Do you know by chance how long the Custom cables are to begin with? Do you any as to what length may be needed for daytona bars?

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I've had two lengths of throttle cables.This present ride used to have,"Custom" bars and the cables were 121cm(43" inner or outer,not sure)but both my Standard Daytona type bars use the shorter 38"(100cm) cables.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had two lengths of throttle cables.This present ride used to have,"Custom" bars and the cables were 121cm(43" inner or outer,not sure)but both my Standard Daytona type bars use the shorter 38"(100cm) cables.

Thanks Shep! My next question is where might I find these shorter cables? There are a lot of places online that don't list the length of their cables, and they tend to say they are compatible for the CX Custom, and CX Deluxe.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Thanks Shep! My next question is where might I find these shorter cables? There are a lot of places online that don't list the length of their cables, and they tend to say they are compatible for the CX Custom, and CX Deluxe.

As you may know I've been in touch with Wemoto here in the UK and they are going to get,"Slinky Glide" to make some longer cables suitable for the GL650 Silverwings so I would get one of their Standard cables as we know they are compatible with Standard bars(My pal as a Slinky Glide Clutch cable and almost identical bars to mine) and are 100cm long.

Members of this forum have bought lots of parts from Wemoto even over in the US so they can be trusted either from their shop or eBay sales,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CX-...009&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=360658652779&

Once you have used a Slinky glide you won't want to use a standard cable.I can't wait for some of my cables to get tired<grin>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts