Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search on this but didn't find anything that I felt positive enough to go off of and buy some tires. I have a 1980 cx500 Deluxe. I would like to put something just a little bit wider on the rear without having to modify. If it's not possible then i'll just go stock. So what exactly are the tires sizes for the front and rear for my bike? And can I fit perhaps one size wider on the rear and if so what would that size be? Looks like the most recommended tire is the Bridgestone Spitfire S11. I like the look of those with the white lettering. I just need sizes and i'll be good to go. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
130/90 16 and 100/90 19.

At most but not guaranteed you might be able to get a 140/90 16 on the rear but all tires are different so some are wider and some are narrower than stated. My brother has a 140 Maxis Classic but it's a pain to get on and off.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
130/90 16 and 100/90 19.

At most but not guaranteed you might be able to get a 140/90 16 on the rear but all tires are different so some are wider and some are narrower than stated. My brother has a 140 Maxis Classic but it's a pain to get on and off.
okay thanks. I'm just gonna stick to the stock and go with Spitfires. Cool looking tire with those white letters.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
No doubt I think the white letter tires look better, especially on a Custom.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just for sake of discussion, my 82 Custom currently has a 140 on the rear and a 110 on the front. I just ordered Spitfires in the original stock sizes. I will be curious to see if there is a difference in handling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.