Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made this account just to warn others as I made the mistake of not researching before I purchased from this seller.
Judging from past threads this seller has been blacklisted from Ebay and used multiple usernames. Unfortunately, the seller Eric, still operates under Cafe Racer Seat | Custom Motorcycle Seats | Custom Cafe Racers which looks very genuine.

After purchasing a BMW cafe racer style seat I was asked to provide more photos of the seat pan and more measurements, which seemed promising for a good end product.
40 days had past and I was told it had been sent to the wrong address and now another one was being made and sent out as the first was marked to be destroyed.
Further delays were blamed for Chinese new year and Eric being in hospital. Eric supplied his cell phone number, however it always goes to voicemail.

Ultimately, He has stopped replying to my emails and I am now US$300 out of pocket.

Please spread the word of this scumbag as he has no intention of following through.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
According to the web site they are located in Irvine, California. Are there any members here that are local to that town? Want to stop by and make an inquiry?

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
I'm skeptical about this. The OP's IP address pulls up Swaziland, SZ, and his profile reads New Zealand. Even odder was the map of Switzerland on the page of the IP look-up.

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
AH, Phreak, you're right. I had incorrectly copied it. NZ is correct. Good point on the tags, though. Never seen that posted that way.

·
Super Moderator
23,094 Posts
They've started adding tags to lots of things here.

Bike ads often go something like this:

For sale Honda VT250 cruiser Blah deblablahblah

Not Yamaha Virago, Kawasaki eliminator, Suzuki thingummy, harley davidson.

·
Registered
388 Posts
He could be using a VPN, which is pretty common in Aus/NZ now days. If it gave you an African IP, I wouldn't be surprised.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took tags off. I thought it might help with search engine results.
I'm from New Zealand too.

Anyone had good experience with Australian made custom seats they can recommend?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts