Honda CX 500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for raising this again. There's been a couple of things already and checking shows a long string of dirty IPs.

He's departed this realm.

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
I just turfed another, same MO

Reactions: CXPHREAK

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nothing concrete, but look out for eddiescott10000.

He just pm’d me an offer for parts, but looking up his number seems to show a bunch of other attempted scams on other various forums.

Cx500 parts to Lamborghini wheels.

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,059 Posts

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,059 Posts
I've noticed some new accounts with intro posts along the lines of "Hi. I'm new here." I suspect there scammers attempting to establish a post count to appear legit. Could EddieScott be one of these?

·
Super Moderator
23,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I've been watching him for some time. A member search doesn't turn him up.

Maybe another mod has already banned him?

Otherwise he's gone next time I spot him online.

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Just bumping this thread as we've just had another member ripped off.

Please check the members profile before ordering anything. In this case the member had been with us for less than 14 hours and this should be seen as a red flag. {not bagging the purchaser here}

In this case payment was made through paypal using friends or family so paypal cannot help.

So ..... don't use friends and family.

If in any doubt PM me or post on this thread and I'll do some checking.

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,292 Posts
It sounds like that is talking about getting a refund if your account is hacked, not if you voluntarily sent funds to a scammer.

FWIW, I would say if someone you don't know well asks you to pay them with the Friends & Family option they are probably not the person to buy from.
I have sold a fair number of items to other forum members over the years and I appreciate when someone trusts me enough to use the Friends & Family option but I would never ask for it. I have also bought a few items from other forum members and I don't recall anyone ever asking me to pay with F&F either.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Yes..and if you read the fine-print.... for general purchases you will probably find Paypal offers less buyer protection than ebay or CC providers....
Having said that I use Paypal for buying from reputable dealers/sellers...dont want my CC details just sitting on a spike for all to see....

(yes I know this is less applicable to this thread of buy and sell....but worth sayin')

·
Super Moderator
23,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just a reminder and a heads up. I've banned three scammers yesterday and today.

Just be aware that the filth are circling.

Once again, any doubts about a prospective deal with an unknown member should be posted here or you can PM me.

·
Super Moderator
23,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
He sent me two so likely there's a number of others.

Mine are titled 'tensioner spring".

Likely there's a number of other members been sent the same.

He's departed this forum coil now.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts