Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellers {and particularly new members}.

When using the buy and sell section of this forum be wary of goods offered for sale by new members. Especially if they introduce a third party to the deal.

Short duration of membership, no posts and a third party that has the parts are all red flags that the deal may not be genuine and just a scam.

If in doubt of any deal offered PM me and I will try to check the member out for you.

There have been a number of rip offs concerning this. Some members aren't genuine, don't have a CX/GL and actually have no parts to offer. They only want your money.

Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Sadly this (rip-offs) is also becoming move prevalent in face to face dealings as well.......
Lesson: Don't be over-trusting or have a disproportionate sense of "motorcycle community."

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,070 Posts
Yeah, and I still haven't gotten payment from that Vulkan guy!

Reactions: D-Fresh

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500, 1982 GL500 Silverwing Interstate, 1980 CX500 Custom
137 Posts
I noticed that "jamesraze" has been blocked - per the posting above - well done and thanks to the Admins and Moderators...!!

That said, it was pretty obvious that it was a scam, as many subscribers here already know that Randall is in Minneapolis, not Texas!! Duh... (as my teenager would say...)

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
lol..they gettin' more clever (like mice).I hope "they" dont start doing variants on all the members names

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,070 Posts
Not unlike the phone spam generators spoofing your exchange (3 digits after the area code.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi fellers {and particularly new members}.

When using the buy and sell section of this forum be wary of goods offered for sale by new members. Especially if they introduce a third party to the deal.

Short duration of membership, no posts and a third party that has the parts are all red flags that the deal may not be genuine and just a scam.

If in doubt of any deal offered PM me and I will try to check the member out for you.

There have been a number of rip offs concerning this. Some members aren't genuine, don't have a CX/GL and actually have no parts to offer. They only want your money.

Caveat emptor.
We have an 81' CX 500 Custom Honda that we would like to sell and have considered posting on the forum. Wondering if this is the best way to sell this particular bike or are you better off trying to sell it locally?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
It’s free to post here so go for it. Most likely only a local will be interested but you have nothing to lose. There is nothing that says you can’t post it for sale locally at the same time either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I’m not exactly sure where to post this but I’ve been looking for a CX500 engine and this individual contacted me about it so I went ahead and reversed searched this image and found that it was posted by someone else in a Honda twin forum years ago. So just keep an eye out!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 65 Posts