Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started hearing loud clanking after loss of power yesterday, when I pulled the front engine cover I found metal shards fall out. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2,727 Posts
Those are pieces of what used to be a piston! Pull the valve covers off and I'm sure you'll have valve stems sitting higher than normal.
You probably dropped a valve or 2 and they jammed between the head and the piston. That had to have made quit a racket when it blew!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are pieces of what used to be a piston! Pull the valve covers off and I'm sure you'll have valve stems sitting higher than normal.
You probably dropped a valve or 2 and they jammed between the head and the piston. That had to have made quit a racket when it blew!
sadly i think it’s done for now. I did some searching online and I’m guessing I’ll have to completely open it up :/

·
Super Moderator
2,727 Posts
Pull the spark plugs out and look at the ends of them. The bad side will have the end of the plug all chewed up and the gap jammed shut.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
You might as well pull that head off if only out of curiosity to verify the cylinder walls are ruined, and post pics.
Worst case you now have a parts engine.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just convert it to a single cylinder..

Reactions: Sidecar Bob
1 - 10 of 10 Posts