Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some bikes with nicer, cleaner looking brake rotors than mine and that really bothers me.

It's the only thing that's metal on the bike that I haven't either painted or you guessed it, polished.

I guess I didn't really know if I should mess with it or not...that's one part that would be hard to fix if I messed it up.

So I'm wondering what can be done to make it look shiney and new again ?

You shouldn't sand on it and polish.....should you ?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Tell you what... Bring the rotor and that sweet bike here to NEPA. Leave it here & I'll swap you 25-hundred for the rotor with the bike attached. Then I'll polish the rotor to shine like the reflection of a full moon on a calm Mill pond. No more "bother" for you. Problem solved, eh?

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
That sounds like a good deal. Maybe throw in $100 more so he can fly back home. Rick take a lot of pictures during the ride.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well beggars can't be choosy so since you're offering to pay for the air fair then YOU fly here then ride the bike back to PA yourself........it'll give ya a chance to get to know her real well...

I've already planned our usual Memorial Day BBQ for that weekend.....if I take off and am gone that weekend and the wife doesn't get her pork chops she'll be sitting on the couch waiting for me when I get home not only with a mean look on her face but EVEN WORSE with her legs crossed....LMAO

·
Registered
117 Posts
Being a car mechanic myself, next time I have the bike at work ill take the front wheel off and unbolt the rotor and see if you can machine the rotor on a normal brake lathe. Hoping weather breaks again soon in cleveland and ill let ya know if it works or not.

·
Registered
1980 Honda CX500C
307 Posts
you can machine them on a normal brake lathe....but they ring so bad thy leave funny grooves in the rotor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.