Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is old stuff, I did try to search the archives etc.

My Bike is coming along nicely in the engine dept... been enjoying some nice rides after not having a bike for two years... All Go... and too little "Stop" sooo... I'm going to temporarily de commission my bike for some wheel/ suspension maint and need to replace both the brake pads and shoes. Does anyone have recomendations or experiences to avoid with Brake Parts etc. I need to find/purchase some new pads and shoes... I also need a 1982 Master Cyl, or at least a new resevoir ( mine looks like chalk) any recommendations or advice, much appreciated.

ThX

Jeff

·
Registered
174 Posts
New master cylinders can be had from ebay, a guy named USAmotorcycles --- he's great to work with. He even has angled reservoir master cylinders that work perfectly with your stock custom handlebars, if you're still using them.

New brake pads/shoes...if you do a search there are several aftermarket options. I personally bought EBC pads recently and i'm happy with them.

You might also want to replace/upgrade your brake line while you're at it and rebuild the caliper seal, if those are old or malfunctioning.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ThX... that's something I forgot. Dern hoses probably are close to their MTBF... if not a decade past. I figure there's no harm in replacing 28 year old lines... I'm def going to replace them. anyone go to steel? Assuming that Brake pads & shoes are common amongst a few different Honda models, I guess I'm looking for brands/suppliers to avoid as much as anything...

J

·
Registered
174 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts