Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

1) there are various types of brake pads out there. any recommendations on which ones are best to use (ceramic, sintered, metallic, semi-metallic other)?

2) any idea what the OEM pads are?

3) part source recommendations?

here are examples of a snippet of info you find out there:

What's the Best Brand of Brake Pads?

When comparing brake pads, the most important factor is determining the type of driving you do and the vehicle you do it in. Both ceramic brake pads and performance brake pads have pros and cons when it comes to different kinds of driving.

Ceramic brake pads, like the Posi Quiet brake pads, dissipate heat better for less brake fade. They also create less dust than metallic pads, and they run quieter as well. On the flip side, ceramic brake pads aren’t as aggressive as metallic pads and typically aren’t recommended for racing or heavy-duty towing. They also tend to cost more than comparable metallic pads.

The Benefits of Brake Pads

If you’re looking for track-ready or heavy-duty towing brake pads, you may find that metallic brake pads are your better option. Metallic brake pads are more aggressive than ceramic pads, and they’re relatively less expensive.

For performance drivers who want an alternative to metallic brake pads, there are ceramic brake pads that are specially made for performance driving. For instance, take a look at the EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads or the Red Brake Pads. These ceramic pads are made for serious street or track driving.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have been very happy with these copper/kevlar brakes: New Fr R Brake Pads 3 Set Honda CB900 CB750 CBX GL1100 | eBay

These fit the GL500. I put these on my GL500 Interstate and have been very satisfied. I have the same composition brakes (from usa-motorcycles-inc) on my 2001 Honda Valkyrie and have been very satisfied. Good price and good results. I do not know if usa-motorcycles-inc has these brakes to fit a CX500/CX650.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts