Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know the best way is to replace the lines. I'm installing a new brake fluid cup and rebuilding the master cylinder. I want to flush out the three (GL 650 Standard)lines. What is the best way? Take all apart? leave as a unit? Flush with brake fluid?

Thank You,

Ron

·
Registered
47 Posts
Flushing them as a unit is the easiest. I had to take all the lines off eventually because there was an air lock in one. I did one side for 5 pumps then I switched over. Another hint that I found on the forum is don`t let the lever go until you tighten the bleed screw. You may know all this already but it was helpful to me because it was my first time flushing the lines. Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
A Mighty Vac system will fit the bill for draining and replacing. It's much easier to do than the old "pump, open, hold, close, return" bit... much easier to get a full system in the end too.

If you're going this far, why not get stainless lines too?

~Thom

·
Registered
209 Posts
Another way is the one man bleeder. Get a cheap empty glass jar. Old salsa, virgin oil.... Whatever is empty or about to be. Drill a hole big enough for a rubber hose to go to the bleeder and set the jar on the floor. The other side is for air. Make sure the tube to the jar is in the new brak fluid in the jar. Then open the bleeder and pump.

It will only suck in air and will purge everything you squeeze out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.