Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here on this forum and I must say I am very impressed with the unity everyone has on here!

i have just bought a 1980 CX500C and I am stripping it down for a cafe build, however I have a question about what to do with the ugly, ugly, ugly brake light/ plate holder. I am gonna keep the rear fender but maybe cut a little off of the rear and find a mound for something new. Does anyone have any input or knowledge of past projects? Photo's?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Sorry if this is in the wrong category, please move if needed....

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Welcome! Poke around in the Customization forum, lots of pix in there.

·
Super Moderator
15,409 Posts
It's an open book. Since it's just a light any research on any bike will do.

Maybe even think LED lights.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
warm welcome from the south of spain.sounds like you got a great project.good luck.

must have been lurking for a while

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have been lurking and researching this bike before I bought mine. See what common problems were and what kind of aftermarket following this bike had (not much
).

I bought this bike just this sunday and I have already stripped the ugly trunk/ passenger back rest and the crash bars off the bike. I want to get my front forks painted next and figure out the tail light situation.

·
Super Moderator
15,409 Posts
You say trunk and backrest?

There is a guy right now in the selling section looking for a luggage rack for a custom.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I replaced my brake light with one of the turn signals and just put a red cover on it instead of the amber one. I then mounted it on the side of the bike. But then again I have a custom solo seat and nothing behind it.

But just a thought

I'll see if i can wrangle up some photos, but I don't have my bike out at university with me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts