Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats happening??....this is my very first post on this forum, although i've been following this site for a few weeks now...

i just acquired a 78 cx500, cafe-modded, and i'm loving this bike alot! im sure i'll have many questions as time goes on, and with me planning on tearing into this bike a bit,

but i wanted to start with my immediate issue:

earlier today i swapped out my clip-on bars that came on the bike, for some clubman bars....

so obviously i switched out all left and right controls, etc, but tonight i noticed that my brakelight is stuck on....

anybody know why this might be? could i have re-installed something wrong? the front brake switch isnt in a stuck position....

thx in advance! this site is great!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Disconnect the 2 wires that go to the master cylinder. Does the brake light turn off?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope...tried that...... both wires off, light still on...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i checked.....no switch is stuck i the on pisition...

i know that its not just a coincidence that the day i switch out my bars, this now happens....

i guess tomorrow i will take the master/throttle back off and check out the connectors inside....maybe something came loose?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
There are only a couple of options that this could be. With the wires disconnected to the mater cyl the brake light will NOT come on. So if you have the wires to the master cyl disconeccted and the brake light is still on then it is either your rear brake light, or you have a path to ground on one of the wires completing the circuit. Or you are confusing the running lights for brake lights.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thx for the replies... so this morning I pulled the right-hand controls off the bar, cleaned up the connectors a bit... and it now works! problem solved, all good....

thx for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts