Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rebuild the front caliper and MC and I've noticed everyone is saying that the switch to braided steel cables is worth it after a rebuild. I've search the net, eBay and parts sources but not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

I see tons of "sheaths" but I'm guessing these just cover the existing hoses. Where can I find an actual cable to use? Anyone have a link of somethign that will work with an 81 GL500?

Once again, sorry for what may be stupid questions.

Side note - thanks to everyone in the other thread that helped me through the caliper / piston probs. Got that resolved last night, yay.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Stainless Steel Brake Lines - U.S. Source

JDA Enterprises http://www.jdaent.com/

Email ([email protected]) or Call (530-365-8400) Craig Raudman

He has the templates for almost all the CX/GL's with the right banjo angles. They definitely help and will last a very long time. Very decent price, around $45 or so.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I used ther 40" universal line on my 79 CX500C fits great. Has slight bend on one end and straight fitting on the other

Universal brake lines

Owch, like the brake lines, but the shipping is a killer. Guess I will have to look for a Canadian supplier

·
Registered
851 Posts
Spiegler or "Galfer Cycle Brakes" Custom to any length or configuration or stock application, DOT approved professional Moto GP level. Regular pricing. Here's a shot of the rear custom made Galfer line going from the underslung caliper to the right side rear M/C

Cheers, 50gary

Click to add title

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just talked to Craig @ JDA Enterprises in Northern CA and after a 3 minute phone call and 2 minutes on PayPal my line is on the way. Thanks guys, and he really appreciates the PR kuddo's here on the Forum. Wanted to pass that along.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just talked to Craig @ JDA Enterprises in Northern CA and after a 3 minute phone call and 2 minutes on PayPal my line is on the way. Thanks guys, and he really appreciates the PR kuddo's here on the Forum. Wanted to pass that along.

I can second the high quality and customer service Craig provides. I first had him do a set for me four years ago and a couple since then.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
With regards to Canadian suppliers try places that make hydraulic hoses. Paca Industrial Supply has 2 locations, Kitchener and Guelph, and I know the Kitchener store makes them to order. There's a variety of options for the line including braided stainless with or without coloured sheathing and many different ends. I just took an old brake line in and they matched up the ends and made it the same. I haven't gotten around to installing it yet but it looks good. IIRC the price was around $60-70, which isn't exactly cheap but then nothing is north of the border...

·
Registered
361 Posts
I used thi guy in a pinch. He us a little high but was very acomidatong. I had him make me a 43 inch for mine. Received it very fast. Seems to work great so far Browser URL:

Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hose Line Honda 79 CX500 CX 500

He is based in USA but parts ship out of canada

·
Registered
836 Posts
Craig at JDA !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.