Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been spending the winters in Florida for the last couple of years.
I noticed used motorcycles seemed to be much cheaper here then in New Jersey, even during the New Jersey winter.
There are not a lot of bikes for sale in winter in New Jersey either. Florida seems to have over a thousand just within 50 miles of St Augustine ( Facebook Marketplace). Plus half a than circle is over the ocean! Is it old guys moving south and can’t ride anymore? For sure. I guess there are just more bikes in Florida, supply and demand.

Two years ago I picked up a low mileage 250 Ninja for $400 bucks. It had a blown 30 amp main fuse.

Today I bought a 2013 Harley XL1200C with 3300 miles for $3800 dollars. Retail is listed between $5500 and $6500.
The guy had it listed for $4800 and then dropped the price to $3800. I could not resist. I was looking for an older, and therefore cheaper Sportster. There are literally 100 or so Harley Sportsters for less then $3000 grand here in the St. Augustine Florida area. If I had the money I would buy a tractor trailer load and sell the in New Jersey, making a tidy profit.

It has Screaming Eagle slip-ons ($299), Mustang seat ($499), Harley sissy bar ($175) plus all the original take-offs. Even a very nice Harley half helmet.

·
Registered
326 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a bike from a guy on Craigslist in OH that takes a trailer down to FL when he's vacationing and brings them back and sells them. He does it a few times a year. He said the same thing you did, bikes are cheaper in FL than in OH.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts