Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a pair of motorcycle boots. I've heard said that Daytona is the best brand. But they're so expensive here in NL (about 400 USD). How much would you pay for a pair of Daytonas in the USA? I mean, I bought the waterpump seals (from Doward) for half the price they cost in The Netherlands, so why not the boots?

But in fact, personally I would prefer to have boots that look like (and can be used as) hiking boots instead of those ugly black leather cycle boots. I need quality though! Dunno if those exist on the market. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
For distance riding or in weather I wear only Sidi Gortex lined. All other times, its whatever on my feet, with laces

tucked in.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Just make certain they cover your ankles. And a little protection (inserted pads/metal) doesn't hurt either. I say go with a full cycle boot that you can lay your jeans/pants over. The look won't be "rough and tough" but would probably be much more effective in an incident than a pair of hiking boots that may just pop right off your foot.

My $0.02

Try these. Maybe this would work?

I'd rather see you go with something more "full length".

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just make certain they cover your ankles. And a little protection (inserted pads/metal) doesn't hurt either. I say go with a full cycle boot that you can lay your jeans/pants over. The look won't be "rough and tough" but would probably be much more effective in an incident than a pair of hiking boots that may just pop right off your foot.

My $0.02

Try these. Maybe this would work?

I'd rather see you go with something more "full length".

The boots pictured are Sidi Clever Air boots, I took a chance and ordered them after wearing out my combat boots. They are stiff boots, which you would expect, but have nylon mesh to pass air to keep your feet cool.

Only have a few hundred miles on them so far, but I like them. The boots were the last piece of safety gear I bought, already have the rest of the body covered. Though it was time to get some actual MC boots rather than the hiking boots or combat boots i was wearing.

Mike

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not finding them any cheaper in fact all the websites I see them on end in .de

Yes. Dutch traders buy them in .de and then sell them in .nl again at a few Euro's more expensive :-(

But not until now I realise that Daytona may be a brand name that is only sold in Europe or so. So my question is getting less relevant by the minute

But still an interesting topic to read your replies:) Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,467 Posts
I don't know if they ship your way, but THESE are what my G/F got me for my early bday present. Click the red link. More than I usually put down on shoes, but they are really nice. Kept me ultra comfy (and dry!) on the ~700 mile ride home from Larry's.

Edit to add, it took a bit to get used to the thicker toe when it comes to the shifter, but it wasn't bad once I learned where to place my foot.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wear the same Danners. They take a little bit to get used to but feel great, plenty of ankle support and I can walk around all day in them.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts