Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. The 750 was my first serious restoration. I brought two 550 Hondas back to life but they weren't original - as you can see with the grey one. The 750 is a KO and climbing in value, so I tore it down to the frame. Engine was shot, so I learned a lot there. If you want to see the whole build, use "egar" in the search engine on the sohc4.net website in the project shop section of the site. I ride the 750 a couple of times a week and am still adding details, such as the original maintenance and info stickers last week. The ST1300 is my "car" and touring machine. The cx is simply a new challenge and a curiosity....

The bike show was in downtown Melbourne, Fla., last month. A great little show and you get an awesome t-shirt. It's called bikes of days gone by....

Ed G.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found more bikes I owned. My first was the Shadow Ace. And then I bought a junky cb550 for $100 and was hooked on restoring bikes. The ST is my daily workhorse:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.