Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to send a huge thanks to Larry (the carb God) for helping me out this past weekend. For those that haven't met him in person he is not only a top notch mechanic but also one heck of a nice guy. His carb rebuild process is absolutely amazing and the results speak for themselves. I thought my bike ran pretty good before but little did I know what I was missing. He went out of his way to do a bunch of other maintenance tasks for me as well and I learned a lot. I know he already has quite a reputation with these bikes but I just felt I should put this up after all he did for me and the excellent results. Thanks again Larry and thanks for your efforts in keeping these beautiful machines on the road and for taking the time to explain things to those of us that are just starting out with them. I can't tell you how much better my baby is running after your treatment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
915 Posts
Breech, I have not met Larry, but did order his book and have read many of his posts here. All I know to say is, I concur and well said! He is an amazing spirit around here. Thanks Larry!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Breech, I have not met Larry, but did order his book and have read many of his posts here. All I know to say is, I concur and well said! He is an amazing spirit around here. Thanks Larry!


Agreed and well said on your part Black. This community is lucky to have somebody with so much knowledge and passion. His attention to detail is truly amazing. A slight bit of polishing rounds out the process......hehe.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,462 Posts
I also agree. Since I brought home the GL500SWI he completely restored, I've gotten some incredulous looks in the m/c lot at work. There is a pretty good size contingency of riders at work, and when they come up to it, dropped jawed, and ask about it, it is not hard at all to brag about Larry and his work.



Joel in the Couve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Larry is one heck of a guy - he saved my bacon when I was rebuilding my carbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
915 Posts
If we could clone any individual person I would vote for Larry as a test subject.


I'd vote for someone else to be the guinea pig. I'd rather wait till they perfected the process before addressing Larry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Guess what? he's only 15 minutes away from me!!!! going to meet him sometime this week or next to work on my 79 CX500D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
We might get away with one clone, but there are risks - remember, we are talking about twisted twins here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
915 Posts
Guess what? he's only 15 minutes away from me!!!! going to meet him sometime this week or next to work on my 79 CX500D.




Can you yet see the 'large cloud of envy' rolling westward from Georgia?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,845 Posts
OMG! You guys are too funny!

I haven't been on the forum much the last couple weeks due to the work load, spring cleaning AND repainting the tank for the CX500 project. I dropped it.
SO today I had a few minutes and am looking around here when I saw my name in the title.



Breech, you are very welcome. It was a pleasure spending the day with you and Chris. I enjoyed the day BSing and breathing new life back into another fine bike. Even though it's a bit humbling to read, I thank you for this post. That was a nice thing to do.



As far as the cloning goes, if you get another one in production I could sure use another one here to help out too.




Sinjin, I look forward to meeting you next week to work on your bike too.



Larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,282 Posts
I just noticed that Larry was reading this post the same time I was. I would have to concur that he has provided valuable information to 90% of the members here, including myself. The other 10% just haven't read far enough yet.



We do need to be careful that the pedestal we are building doesn't get so high that he can't reach the keyboard. Just kidding, Larry, thanks for your participation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,771 Posts
I have a lot of people in my garage ... but I would hold wrenches for Larry ...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,462 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top