Honda CX 500 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Bob, you want some new faces, perhaps we could get Miss Piggy to join? I'm sure she'd be the centre of attention...
195247a52f29ce98efee5ce10f481ae0.jpg

·
Registered
413 Posts
Im to lazy to get up that early on a Sat.
Wouldn't that be a Sunday? Either way I must agree that the scheduled time is far from comfortable for people from Australia. I think 9am on Saturday in central USA is 0am (midnight) on Sunday in central Australia. Maybe we could change the scheduled time every now and then to give every one a chance to join.
I must say I don't know about different dates in time zones. Isn't Samoa about in the same time zone as Australia but 1 day behind?
To find out more about the difficulties in calculating and comparing times, watch the next video, it's very amusing (and 10 minutes of your life).

·
Super Moderator
14,905 Posts
9AM Saturday in Minneapolis is 11:30PM Saturday in Adelaide.

I don't know about the rest of the Aussies but Mark is often on at the same times I am (usually before noon in Eastern time zone), which I figure must be well after midnight there...

·
Registered
413 Posts
I figured there should be a time which would suit both Americans and Australians but there isn't any, is there? Any time other than the currently scheduled time will either be too early for the Americans or too late for the Australians.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
I figured there should be a time which would suit both Americans and Australians but there isn't any, is there? Any time other than the currently scheduled time will either be too early for the Americans or too late for the Australians.
There should be. For two years, I was in Minneapolis while my wife was in Japan. I think it was 14 hours difference. I would Skype her about 7 to 8 pm and it was 9 or 10 there. Or 5 or 6pm here and it would be 8 or 9am there.

Reactions: JiMi

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
We could do some Friday nights here, which would be midday in Oz. But, that would be after midnight in Euroland.
Maybe if I write it out, I'll see an equitable solution.

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Still though, it would be nice to see a few more faces on the Zoom instead of the same bunch of old guys every time.....
The intentions always been there but the current midnight kick-off for us Aussies is a challenge...staying up to 2-3 am is a challenge and requires a day or 2 recovery lol.....:sleep:
even a 10pm start here (AEST) could be workable earlier in other states such as South Aust (Adelaide)-tho that would mean host/US would be 7am...

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
He heh, we usually can't figure out which week is every other week, good luck!

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
It's been suggested that we adjust the time so that the meeting doesn't occur after midnight down under. The difficulty is that the US, Oz, and Europe are spread more or less equally around the globe, so that there's no time when reasonable hours overlap in the three regions that hold most of our members.
Would there be interest in another recurring meet up for North America and Australia/New Zealand on the weekends between the current bi-weekly? Morning hours in Australia correspond to evening here, so Saturday AM/Friday PM or Sunday AM/Saturday PM would be good possibilities.
Do any of my friends down under have an opinion or preference?

Thanks.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts