Honda CX 500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

Registered
Thank you for again a great CX-meeting and being able to meet (new) people from the forum! I couldn't help laughing when I heard about front wheel wobble fun and personal take offs 馃槀. Next time again(y)

Registered
Sorry I missed the fun - I was otherwise engaged here this afternoon, and couldn't really spare the time to join the meeting. Hope to catch up next time...

Registered
I keep forgetting dang It! It is kind of a busy time though. I assume when the cooler weather comes on it will be easier to attend.

Registered
Great to be in more personal contact with a few members again. The only downside is it's the same few members each meeting? With 30k members (or is it 30m members??? ;)) I should get to see who else hasn't shaved in a week. Thanks again Randall.

Registered
Pretty sure the majority of the 30K members are bots...

Reactions: CXPHREAK

Super Moderator
A lot of people feel it is inappropriate to view the content without signing up and never post. Many ask one question and never return even to let us know they have read the replies. And then there are the folks who were once active but have either sold the bike or decided they would rather use another platform (FB &c) to get information about it. At any given time perhaps 1 or 2% of the registered membership is actually active.

Registered
I WAS KIDDING! :D But I'm pretty sure there are more than 6 members who could join us . . . ;)

Registered
I think it is just a lot of us like me are Zoom retarded.
I at least got on with my headphone mic.
Still need to install a camera or else use my laptop instead of my pc.
My laptop just gathers dust.

Registered
Kind of like Hollywood Squares, or the Brady Bunch...

Premium Member
A lot of people feel it is inappropriate to view the content without signing up and never post. Many ask one question and never return even to let us know they have read the replies. And then there are the folks who were once active but have either sold the bike or decided they would rather use another platform (FB &c) to get information about it. At any given time perhaps 1 or 2% of the registered membership is actually active.
I often wonder, when searching different topics, how the problem ended up. The OP just stops posting. I sometimes send them a PM and rarely get a reply.

Super Moderator
I suspect a lot of them think they have bought something for a low price so it should be cheap to keep it running too but aren't prepared to commit the effort necessary to keep an antique safe & reliable so they just quit. Some long time active members of the community have eventually given up and moved on to newer and easier to maintain bikes too. I would probably have done that myself years ago if there was anything that meets my requirements but there weren't many mid sized shaft drive bikes made after these stopped production.

Super Moderator
That's all true Bob.

But the vast majority are banned spammers.

Just prior to the last forum change .... the one before the one we just had .... we were banning hundreds of spammers a day. I can't speak for the other mods at the time but I banned that many personally on some days.

I still ban a few a day from the approval queue.

When the member list was still viewable you could see that many of the members were banned members with handsmash signatures.

This and the last iteation of the forum under vertical scope have better screening for bots and spammers.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts