Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Topic: CX500 Garage Meet Up (Americas and Europe)
(All are welcome)
NEXT MEET UP: 5 Dec 2020
Time: Every other Saturday, 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada), beginning 7/18/2020
Please use your forum username as your display name in Zoom.

https://zoom.us/j/93765058395?pwd=VlpFT2FHTW5GaitCMmlUd2RHT2dDQT09

Meeting ID: 937 6505 8395
Password: ___ (What component does a pre-'82 stock CX have, but a GL doesn't? (3 characters, all caps)

Topic: CX500 Garage Meet Up (Americas and Australia/New Zealand)
(All are welcome)
NEXT MEET UP: 28 Nov 2020
Time: Every other Saturday, 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada), beginning 11/28/2020
Please use your forum username as your display name in Zoom.

https://zoom.us/j/93546648948?pwd=bjQ1RTAwU01IQ0dVTnN0ZlZVYmtiQT09

Meeting ID: 935 4664 8948
Passcode: ___ (What component does a pre-'82 stock CX have, but a GL doesn't? (3 characters, all caps)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like that riddle. Maybe that could be a daily/weekly thing too?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I was always bad a word games... I don't know the answer! :p

·
Registered
690 Posts
you guys are really paranoid. A GL does not have what ign. component?
yep-my initial thoughts went to (manual) cam chain tensioner....then unable to abbreviate that went to ___;)

·
Registered
690 Posts
As an aside-any chance of recording these and maybe putting on cloud/google drive?
(Could maybe be replaced biweekly-rather than an ongoing archive).
Realise not all participants might want to be recorded/might find this intimidating.
Just a thought put forward.
(this may have also been discussed-and I missed it....)

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
As an aside-any chance of recording these and maybe putting on cloud/google drive?
(Could maybe be replaced biweekly-rather than an ongoing archive).
Realise not all participants might want to be recorded/might find this intimidating.
Just a thought put forward.
(this may have also been discussed-and I missed it....)
If folks were told ahead of time, then shy people could join by voice only and a still image. The file could be password protected.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Zoom meeting this morning?

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Still trying to get in.
I had this working after the last meetup. Now, I cannot get my laptop to boot fully into windows, and my phone won't keep Zoom open.
My apologies for the delay... again.😡

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Still waiting for host to start meeting...still got problems?

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For next time, I'm going to disable the Zoom waiting room. Then you will be able to start without waiting for your technologically challenged host.
We'll keep the password the same. Anyone needing help with the clue can pm me.

Thanks,
Randall

·
Registered
690 Posts
For next time, I'm going to disable the Zoom waiting room. Then you will be able to start without waiting for your technologically challenged host.
We'll keep the password the same. Anyone needing help with the clue can pm me.

Thanks,
Randall
Gave into sleep for this one (12 midnight start)-both myself and wife work in health and these last weeks seen a big spike in COVID in our state (Vic)
But since this is now bi-weekly look forward to future zooms.
:sleep:

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Gave into sleep for this one (12 midnight start)-both myself and wife work in health and these last weeks seen a big spike in COVID in our state (Vic)
But since this is now bi-weekly look forward to future zooms.
:sleep:
Covid is stable here in Minnesota. I work in Early In-Person Voting for the city of Minneapolis. One of my Co-workers tested positive and got the results on Friday. People who match the criteria "More than 15 minutes within 6 feet" were told to self quarantine at home for 14 days. I didn't fit these criteria, but I am going to get tested at a Drive-thru today.
Fellow workers are all good at wearing masks. I wear a mask and shield and bought shields I sell to other workers at $3.00 each.
We wash hands frequently, use hand sanitizer and have Plexi Shields at each voting station. It is voters we have to keep reminding about masks. We give a free one to anybody that doesn't have one.

I have to work some overtime because of the workers who are in quarantine. I hope it doesn't keep me from the ride next Saturday, but it might. At least I hope to make the BBQ.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts