Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bike hasn't been charging for a while, tried a new voltage regulator because mine tested absolutely zero resistance, which can't be right. I was talking to a member on the forum who has a GL650I, well, most of it at least, sitting around in pieces and it's irritating him... He said he'd part with it for $250, so I had a tough decision to make, ask my girl to spend $200-250 on a stator for my CX500 like she was already planning on doing, or spend $250 for almost a complete GL650....
So I thought for all of 2 seconds and told him it's sold lol. Gonna need to find a seat, side covers, and probably a couple other things, but I can handle throwing my CX on a charger until I get the rest of the parts and get it put together. Bad news is the newish girlfriend has a 2 yr old and they plan on moving in soon, so the bike in the living room isn't staying, good news is I have another small living room with doors that the little guy can't open, so he won't be able to choke on a bolt, tear anything up, or be in my way... Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but he isn't ready to be in a shop or anything... But I'll be putting the GL650I in the smaller living room to get it all assembled and what not, should be fun lol

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, so instead of getting a stator, my girl's getting me a GL650I, or at least most of it, so someday I need to get a stator, but it's low priority now... Just need to get a title for the GL and get her taxes in

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Yeah, so instead of getting a stator, my girl's getting me a GL650I, or at least most of it, so someday I need to get a stator, but it's low priority now... Just need to get a title for the GL and get her taxes in

Well you have a hair over two weeks.

Getting a title in michigan is easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.