Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1982 CX500C Germany 1980 CX500C Germany
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1982 Cx500 c Germany is current bike. I plan on rebuilding them all, but was wondering if anyone had insight on the different variations or fuel consumption / power.
from left to right:

VB36B CRC
VB39ACTE
VB37AETC

I see the fuel input is located at the left carb on the first model, and I don’t see any major differences in the last two.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
19,584 Posts
I would expect it refers to the full power 37Kw and restricted 20Kw versions of the bike sold in Germany. I believe the restricted power allowed you to pay less for insurance and possibly ride with a beginner level license.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would expect it refers to the full power 37Kw and restricted 20Kw versions of the bike sold in Germany. I believe the restricted power allowed you to pay less for insurance and possibly ride with a beginner level license.
That looks like it's it! Was not aware of the German restrictions, and I assume elsewhere, as I'm new here - thanks.

·
Registered
CX500 Z 1978 , Rickman Polaris fairing, currently GL500 front, Ignitech etc. subject to change
327 Posts
Keep in mind that the power as engraved on the carbs must match the rest of the bike and the German paperwork that goes with it. If not exactly correct it might fail the tech test (TÜV or HU) and not be road legal. Check with the locals !

Reactions: TonyG

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep in mind that the power as engraved on the carbs must match the rest of the bike and the German paperwork that goes with it. If not exactly correct it might fail the tech test (TÜV or HU) and not be road legal. Check with the locals !
Good insight, thanks! I will check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts