Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the visor snaps broke off and i bought a snap kit repair kit. Only problem, how do i get past the foam and next to the shell to make the repair without destroying the helmet?
Automotive lighting Automotive design Sports gear Rim Font

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,496 Posts
You carefully remove the foam from the shell and put it back when you are done.

How old is the helmet? If it is fairly new you should contact Bell and ask them if they can help you with this issue. If it is more than 3 or 4 years old you would probably be better off to replace it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Lordy, November 2005...ya think it is time for a new helmet? Would still like to fix it just to say that I fixed it. thanks

·
Registered
1982 GL500i
497 Posts
Oh, I guess my 1962 Stadium helmet is a little out of date, huh?

• Haha
Reactions: nippongreen

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,496 Posts
Most likely. My helmets are newer than the ones mentioned here and I've been thinking it's about time I started shopping...

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Yes as above....these helmet's EPS (the shock- absorbent bit) degrades even on the shelf....
Thats part of the reason you often see a $800 helmet marked down to $200.....bout 5years life from new.
Old helmets do make a good garage decoration tho....same as any that did their job in protecting you...they (the later) dont deserve to be binned

·
Registered
1982 GL500i
497 Posts
The 1962 Stadium decorates my head whenever I'm out on the '67 Honda. That bike has been with me nearly my entire life, so if it gets killed, I'm going with it, lol!

Reactions: nippongreen
1 - 10 of 10 Posts