Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this bike for $500 with a title. Turned it over to Larry for a mini makeover...the result!

Before...

after..

(Larry the Beast!)

video

Thank you Larry for all your hard work! I know you're probably in alot of pain! take it easy for awhile.

also thank to SCRAPMETAL for the speedy delivery of the headlight!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Wow! I need to find a box big enough to FedEx one of my bikes out to Larry. What a great looking bike!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a video of Larry test driving the bike before we load it on my trailer....right after I stop recording a funny thing happen....If Larry want to share it, I'll let him tell the story.

·
Super Moderator
2,854 Posts
OK Sinjin, I guess I have no choice now but to share my most embarrassing motorcycle moment ever.

I don't know if I would call this funny, but right after I lifted my visor on my helmet I decided to ride the bike up the ramp and onto the trailer. As I got near the top of the ramp I could feel the light weight springs of the trailer go down. When I got to the bed of it the trailer came back up and threw me all off balance. So when I went to quickly put my foot down there wasn't anything there. Yep, the bike started to tip to the right side. The worst part was that I was still trying to find a footing and never let go of the bars. With no sides on the trailer I ended up hitting the ground first with my head and shoulder, and the bike ended upside down pretty much on top of me. I scraped my shoulder up pretty good and cut the inside of my right ankle from trying to get my foot to find a solid base. I guess I kicked the side of the trailer frame because it's cut and all swollen up today. Not walking so good and very sore from having a 500 lb bike laying on top of me. As you can see I was VERY lucky I still had my helmet on. I probably would have split my head open too.

I'm sure Sinjin will post a picture of the damage. But needless to say he's getting a total new paint job on his bike now as soon as I stop hobbling around like a stiff board. The bars moved back and put a nice dent on the right side of the tank as well as messing up the mirror and scraping a few other parts I'm sure.

Well, there it is. My most humiliating moment SO FAR! I'm sure they'll be more but this one will stay at the top of the list. Too bad he stopped the video eh!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The damage to the bike was not nearly bad as the damage to Larry. He was worry about the bike and I was worry about him.

Here're some pics of the damage. Larry, you should post of pics of your damage. LOL.

overall the bike's still in good shape. Not sure about Larry. Hehehe

·
Registered
131 Posts
OUCH!!! Dang Larry, sorry to hear about the tumble. Happens to the best of us. You are right, having that brain bucket on, saved it from being worse.

Was going to comment that that Sinjinie's CX was the bike that I had been looking for - down to the year, color and model - to match what I bought new back in 1979....but as continued to read the thread, the story took a turn... (or should I say a fall)

Heal fast, and don't push it. (I know you have a hard time being idle, but give yourself a chance to heal up)

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
Awww man...............

Glad you weren't hurt seriously Larry, and heal fast.

·
Super Moderator
2,854 Posts
Fortunately Sinjin my body will heal itself. The CX won't. This just means I have to put another CX out there with a nice paint job on it so the CX gods don't get too mad at me.

Scott, I knew this bike would bring back memories to you. That dent looks even worse in the picture. It's a shame I have to ruin another shinny paint job. But I'm getting used to that.

I can't take a picture of my shoulder, but that's the worst of the fall. Took quit a bit of skin off. I'll wear it proudly though and just tell everyone later when they see the scares that it's an old battle wound.
Well, it kinda is. I battled a trailer and it won.

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Heal up fast Larry and take care of the bumps and bruises and scrapes and cuts...

Sinjinle, sorry about the CX's misfortune...accidents will happen to the best of us.

Some more TLC from Larry and for Larry won't be a bad thing...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heal up fast Larry and take care of the bumps and bruises and scrapes and cuts...

Sinjinle, sorry about the CX's misfortune...accidents will happen to the best of us.

Some more TLC from Larry and for Larry won't be a bad thing...

I wasnt concern about the bike. It's a $500 bike. I was more worry about Larry..seeing him fly off the bike and the trailer, his helmet flew off as soon as he hit the ground. TLC for Larry mean I will be bringing him a 30 pack of Bud Light.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Clean up the bike a little bit and took her for a ride yesterday. I LOVE THE BIKE! Cant wait for the new paint job.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.