Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are some threads on related topics such as the Airhawk, etc, but as I have recently purchased a bead seat, I thought I would start this thread.

Maybe some of you all have one of these. If not, I recommend the ~$20 for it. You can order them to size, which for my bike is 13" x 13" from Beadrider. However I bought 12x10 I believe on Ebay for about half the price and it seems to fit just fine. It covers less area, but it really isn't important. Anyhow, this thing allows airflow which keeps sweat in that area to a minimum and it creates a much pleasanter riding experience by distributing weight a bit differently. It is extremely comfortable and I'm even thinking about getting one for my office chair, ha, seriously....

I have mine strapped across the underside of the seat which works just fine. On other bikes it is easier to attach in other places for quick removal, etc.

From a few feet away:

Yes I need to snip these loose strands:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you still stay fairly well planted in the seat or do the beads allow your rearend to slide?

I had been looking into a sheepskin cover but wasnt aware of this style of product.

How is it for long rides?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I commute every day about 8 miles one way and for that, especially in 90F+ heat it's great and because I need to look semi-professional at my job, so the airflow cuts on sweat. As for longer rides, the longest I've done was only about ~50 miles, back roads, twisties and highway and it did great. The website describes it better than I can:

Beaded seats also allow for the dispersion of your pressure points over a larger area. A customer relayed an interesting story to us. He had purchased a set of BeadRiders at Americade this year. He then went to another vendor who was selling an expensive seat pad. This vendor had set an electronic seat pad connected to a computer to measure the pressure points in the saddle with and without his seat pad. The vendor allowed our customer to compare our set of BeadRiders to the pad he was selling. Well the customer found his BeadRider seat, as measured by the computer, was much better at reducing pressure points than the much more expensive ($150.00) seat pad.

I only slide on it if I really jerk the throttle or have to squeeze the brake pretty hard and even then it's only about an inch or so of movement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.