Honda CX 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
I have done dozens of transactions with people on the Forum from every corner of the world. The only person who ever screwed me over was a well known member who urgently needed a CX650 turbo rear wheel. I sent it to him and paid the postage - and never heard back from him. A couple calls nudging him went silent. My one suggestion is always have a clear understanding of the price in a transaction and maybe include it in a message.

Registered
Bummer it was a well known member and that happened!

馃槵

Registered
The only person who ever screwed me over was a well known member who urgently needed a CX650 turbo rear wheel.
Was this person adapting it to a non-Turbo? I was screwed out of a headlight ring (and postage), possibly by the same guy. I haven't seen him on the forum in several years.

Randall

Super Moderator
Has that one just been sent to you Kingston?

We have spammers try to get in every day.

If there is no basis to deny them entry such as a dirty username, IP or email address in the name of fairness the benefit of the doubt must be given and they get in.

Question is - is this one with us now?

Super Moderator

Super Moderator
Well ... His username, email {and stevens email} and IP are all clean.

Based on that I don't think I can or should ban him.

I guess once again it comes back to caveat emptor .... or alternatively caveat subscriptor as may be the case.

Feel free to report these things though.

Registered
Notice that this message is a cut and paste of the earlier one to Kingston, and skips mention of the item in question. The way the sentence structured, I would guess it was intended that a word be added, but this sender (one of an organized group?) is putting it only in the title.
This "member", and the previous, are obviously the work of a scammer. I see no reason to retain these accounts.

Randall

Registered
When I searched for the first (don't recall how) last week, there was another new member name that incorporated "Kelvin". No posts. You might compare the IP on that one, too.
Is there a way to search the member list by IP? I bet you'd net a bunch.

Randall

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
If I get any more messages I鈥檒l post them here so you all can see the names. Thanks for looking out for us 鈥渞eal鈥 members.
Side note, this all started because I was trying to find a deluxe tank so if anybody actually has one for sale let me know.

Registered
I was contacted by someone who had 0 posts here and tried to get me to buy a pair of engine guards for I inflated price. Bad English too. When confronted the individual immediately lowered the price by half at which point I called him or her a douchebag scammer. Which did not discourage them from offering me the engine guards for even less hahaha.
Yeah, this was from pedrowilliams942. Same M.O-- he didn't actually offer me the parts, he referred me to someone else. I suspected a scam right away because of the convoluted nature of the whole communication.

Super Moderator
RR, if you can find me pedrowilliams942 {and tell me how you're finding them} I'll run him too.

To search for a member I clicked the Sandwich symbol to the right of the NEW button. On the drop down list click see all. Scroll down the pop up list on the left and find the box to search for a particular member. HTH

Super Moderator
I'm not getting a drop down if I click that. It simply takes me to the board list.
No need to click the sandwich logo it seems. Scroll down the right side until you see Community Staff. Click the View All. That opens a page titled Staff Members. Down the left side between staff members and new members is a box titled Find Member. Type the name in that box. See if that works for you.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts