Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well what can I say, my old water coolant pipe was a tad rusty so thought I would treat myself to this aluminium one from eBay. Looks great but not so sure about the instructions, only just read point 2 and hoping they鈥檙e on about the bike 馃お馃お馃お馃お

Reactions: bahn88 and wjvh

Registered
wear a latex glove if you are squeamish about sticking your finger into orifices

Registered
1982 cx500tc turbo
Well that's to funny
This id the most erotic instructions I have seen
(condoms don't have this detailed instructions )

Registered
;)
:whistle:....

on a more serious note....is it a chrome finish.?..looks to be...should be more pleasin to look at rather than an old rusty one

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
;)
:whistle:....

on a more serious note....is it a chrome finish.?..looks to be...should be more pleasin to look at rather than an old rusty one
Yes it is, not been chromed but shiny, if that makes sense

Registered
Got a link and how much was it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Got a link and how much was it?
Hi Gerard, link below, I put in an offer of 拢61 plus delivery which was accepted. Only thing is I鈥檓 not sure if they do international shipping or if it鈥檚 U.K. only. Could be worth asking though

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
拢60.00!
You should have said!
Sorry, must鈥檝e missed that bit on my initial thread what with being in shock over cleaning the orifices.

Registered
Sorry, must鈥檝e missed that bit on my initial thread what with being in shock over cleaning the orifices.
Speaking of orifices.....
Theres quite a few posts on this forum bout fitting the stock pipe and o-rings to avoid leaks-among which is paying particular care to cleaning that "orifice".
Also with the stock set up people have used a CX650/VF750S water pipe seal (91302-415-003) which is a lil. different to an o-ring..and is said by some to be easier to fit...don't know if that applies to this non-stocker pipe.....

Registered
The description/instructions make it sound fragile esp. at the price of sale? I would never think to wrap a stock pipe to install it??
Its polished aluminium....Aluminium is "softer" than chrome....I guess.

(e.g. thats why some recommend polishing chrome with al. foil if rusted)

Registered
Ouch, 75 lbs plus 15 for shipping , going to a chroming shop and find out how much to rechrome the pipe.

Registered
Ouch, 75 lbs plus 15 for shipping , going to a chroming shop and find out how much to rechrome the pipe.
FWIW csmnl has the OEM as 58Euro..(51Brit Pounds)..but temporarily unavailable.....
You'll need to get the old chrome off yourself if you are going the rechrome route to make it economical...as I am sure you are aware.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts