Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about the history of this engine but it appears to be a basically NOS CX500 engine in the 79 or 80 year area. I'm working on a cb400 that needed a new motor and ran across a deal to get a few basically NOS motors from a guy that was trying to clean out his garage. I really only needed the one but he was willing to make a deal on the whole group that I coudn't pass up. I'd rather this engine get some use on a bike instead of just sitting in the garage as it is now. If you're interested, just shoot me a message on hear and we'll see what we can work out. Also, I'd be happy to answer any question you might have or check specific things about the motor if needed. I'll try to get some better pictures up soon too.

Thanks for looking.

Engine Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part
Engine Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive engine part Vehicle

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Can you post the serial number from the engine. Maybe we can determine what year the motor is for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. Its actually at my fathers garage so I'll have him get it tonight and take a couple more pictures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I haven't been able to get the serial number or more pics as of yet. Hopefully in the next day or 2.

I sent some response PMs to people this morning as well. Thanks for the interest!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts