Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the Barbers Vintage Festival last year and let me say it was so good I plan to attend every year I am able to ! Great show ! I ran into Kevin Schwantz during the air show ,we watched together and then stood around and talked . Great guy !!

Ya'll come on down and camp !! You will have a blast.

Racing legend John Surtees will be the Grand Marshall this year

Dates are October 8-10.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I attended the Barbers Vintage Festival last year and let me say it was so good I plan to attend every year I am able to ! Great show ! I ran into Kevin Schwantz during the air show ,we watched together and then stood around and talked . Great guy !!

Ya'll come on down and camp !! You will have a blast.

Racing legend John Surtees will be the Grand Marshall this year

Dates are October 8-10.

Picasso, I am thinking about coming down to the Festival, just got an email from Barber about it but have not checked it out. I have been wanting to visit the muesum, just have not gottten down there yet. If I come I will be on my ST Hack and pulling a camper trailer. After I check it out and some other trips my wife and I are planning I will let you know for sure.

Gene

·
Registered
784 Posts
Anyone going to Barber Vintage Fest in 2011? I've stopped in the museum which is very cool but have not been to the Vintage Fest.

Picasso - how is the camping set-up there? It's a bit of a ride for me coming from Tampa but sounds like a good time.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Anyone going to Barber Vintage Fest in 2011? I've stopped in the museum which is very cool but have not been to the Vintage Fest.

Picasso - how is the camping set-up there? It's a bit of a ride for me coming from Tampa but sounds like a good time.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike, I hope to go this year, wanted to go last fall but it didn't work out. Lets stay in touch, maybe we can link up! PMd, Picasso but so far no response.

Gene

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike, I hope to go this year, wanted to go last fall but it didn't work out. Lets stay in touch, maybe we can link up! PMd, Picasso but so far no response.

Gene

Sorry guys all the others flaked out on me , one with health problems and then the same for me. If anyone ever comes to Birmingham please let me know via e-mail. Picasso.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm planning on making it this year.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I'm planning on making it this year.

Jerry, if at all possible I will be there. I plan to pull the camper and camp on the grounds. If I have a hitch on the 650 I will use it, otherwise I will be on the hack. Will you be camping? If you don't have a tent, I have the one Don used on our Alaska trip. It will be no problem to bring it in the camper. I only ask one favor, leave the damn rain at home!!
BTW are you coming to the Mountain Momma? Right now the hosts advise me that they only have 5 reservations. Hope you can make it.

Gene

·
Registered
523 Posts
Jerry, if at all possible I will be there. I plan to pull the camper and camp on the grounds. If I have a hitch on the 650 I will use it, otherwise I will be on the hack. Will you be camping? If you don't have a tent, I have the one Don used on our Alaska trip. It will be no problem to bring it in the camper. I only ask one favor, leave the damn rain at home!!
BTW are you coming to the Mountain Momma? Right now the hosts advise me that they only have 5 reservations. Hope you can make it.

Gene

I'm coming to WV; I was the first to reserve. I also have a reservation at some motel about 6 miles from Barber's. When it gets close and if the weather will agree I'll cancel the motel and camp. I'm more comfortable camping under gray rainy skies than blistering hot sunny ones.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The time for the Barber's Vintage Motorcycle event draws near, Oct. 8-10 in case anyone forgot. That is also the same weekend as Phil's ride up on the Blue Ridge. I will miss seeing Phil and crew but Barber's is closer to home and I will ride my hack & pull my camper for a lesiurely trip. JerryB, who started me on Barber's is now showing signs of flakeing out! Anyone interested in going can use this thread to link up & meet.

Gene

·
Registered
368 Posts
Pardon the ignorance, but where is Barbers? Sounds like it could be fun.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Pardon the ignorance, but where is Barbers? Sounds like it could be fun.

Barber's Motorcycle Museum and Race Course is in Leeds, Ala. It is actually a suburb of B'ham on the east side. As my previous post stated I was planning on attending but am now going to have to flake out. I hope to attend next year, the museum alone is more than worth the trip. Recently, I spent 6 hours going from the 5th to the 1st floor and didn't get to visit the basement! It was great, well worth the $15 ticket. Next year I hope to combine another visit to the museum with the vintage festival. This year I am going to have to pass. If you go it will be a great trip.

Gene

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.